Monday, March 9, 2009

Casper weekend!

We had a pretty FUN weekend! Thursday Davin and I drove to Casper for the Regional basketball tournament. We got there just in time to watch our girls play Thursday afternoon. Kind of a bummer game--they played so hard and really had it close at several times but Rock Springs pulled away with it and our girls were done. That is it, basketball is officially over. I say officially because we still have the unofficial stuff like camps, drop-ins, conditioning and whatever else comes with the territory! I really enjoyed watching the girls play this year and was hoping to have learned more about basketball than I did! I guess I better study up for next year! Since the girls were done they were all going home Friday morning, but we were lucky enough to have Nicc stay with us and we hung out with my grandparents for the weekend! I am pretty bummed with myself for forgetting the camera! We just played, the best we could--Davin was kind of yucky Thursday (it was a long car ride that produced some nice puke at the game that afternoon) and cranky and coughy Friday. Friday afternoon we were getting kind of concerned with his breathing and coughing so took him to an Urgent Care just to find out that he had yet another ear infection! Those darn things have been haunting us non-stop since November! Anyway, we got a prescription and he was feeling better soon. We would have liked to have enjoyed the warmer weather but the wind was so cold that it really wasn't any warmer than it is in SV--just not as snowy. We did play a lot of bumper pool, poker chips, and ball! Davin had a lot of fun with Granny and Papa and they were really excited to see him. We just don't get to see them very often! We came home yesterday and all crashed when we got home! That is a long trip.

Some funny things Davin said while we were there:
1. Grandma accidently poured her salad dressing on her spaghetti and Davin looks at her with the saddest face, "Oh Granny!"
2. We were eating fried chicken and talking about the big rooster on Grandma's cupboards in the kitchen and Davin blurts out "A rooster is a male chicken!" He loves to read this non-fiction book about chickens that I had at school and he quotes that part with me ever time, including the part that follows saying, 'a rooster and a hen must mate to form an egg.'
3. "Go Lady Braves! I like watching red braves not white ones!" No, he is not showing prejudice for one skin color over another, he was watching the braves in their red uniforms!
4. After puking in the hotel while waiting for the girls to change before dinner he announces to all of them, "I just had white puke. It is right there." And he pointed to where he threw up on the floor.

1 comment:

Amy 'n Clint said...

Does he know what a "MALE" chicken is? What a smart kid!!!