Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend!

We started our weekend with a LOT of work! A couple of weeks ago our toilets started bubbling and I panicked right away. A few days later after trying to unclog our septic line ourselves we called a plumber! He snaked the pipe and nothing so went to the septic tank and started digging from there. Well, he found that our pipe was cracked and as far back as he kept going it was still cracked. He finally found a decent piece to attach to and put in a temporary line for us. So, this weekend Nicc's dad came down and we rented a backhoe. He did all the digging for us and Nicc laid a new line from the septic tank to the house! Just like new now, plus it saved us big money! We had few snags other than the fact that our water lines were not marked and the water line running to our shed was pulled out. Nicc was quick to turn off the water main and we just capped off the pipe to avoid having the city come back and tear everything up again later! All is well now though and the toilets flush really nicely!

Davin loved helping--he hung out in his pajamas all day outside!
Funny Davin comment: We were coming in Saturday after a long day of work and I told him he needed to take a bath. He complained about wanting popcorn and I said, "Well, your options can either be to take a bath or go take a nap." He looked at me for a minute then asked, "Are those my only choices." I said, "Yep, buddy." He replied, "No popcorn." Me, "Nope, not right now." Davin ended with "Darn it. I'll take a bath."


Sunday evening my parents came over after they made a quick trip to Jackson. We spent Monday working in the yard and then the rain stopped long enough for a BBQ! After that we all went to the baseball field and hit a few balls around! We had a ton of fun! Davin probably ran the bases a good 20 times! I didn't think he was ever going to stop. A good, fun, Memorial Day!




When we got home, my parents left and I started just picking up after all of our busy weekend. I was in the kitchen and told Davin I'd be right back to take him to the bath. Just minutes later I walked in and found him crashed on the floor. He must have been pooped because Davin RARELY falls asleep anywhere but his bed. He must have had fun!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Looks and sounds like you had a fun weekend! Glad to hear that your plumbing is working again! Indoor plumbing is never appreciated until you don't have it! What a cute picture of Davin crashed on the floor!

Matt and Jess said...

I'm so glad that you found me! I loved reading you blog and seeing what you're up to. Davin is such a cute little boy! Congratulations on the second baby, that's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!! Miss you all!!!

Jay and Barb said...

I loved seeing your mom and dad. Tell them hello for me. Congrats on the new baby. Hope you are feeling well.