Thursday, June 18, 2009

Here's whats been happening!

I have been out of the blogging world for a while. We have been going in a hundred different directions since school got out! We jumped right into our summer projects: a garage door opener (which makes us feel like real people now), replace a new window, 2 new exterior doors, replacing our lawn that was torn up when we replaced our septic line, painting, patching a ceiling and some wall spots...all while being drenched in a perpetual downpour! Yet, we keep going! We have both decided that this is the last summer we are going to do this! The thing is, if we could just do the projects it would be fine, but then we run into snags like a window being buried under 2 layers of siding we had to remove, a garage door that locked us out without another entrance to the garage, a front door that was defective and required an EXTRA trip to Idaho Falls. Despite everything, we are happy with the changes we've made and hope to have fewer snags along the way!



Davin got to go spend a week with Grandma and Grandpa Sheckler while Nicc and I were both out of town for the weekend and then we worked on the house a little while he was gone. He had tons of fun: building tents and caves, seeing the dinosaurs at the college, reading and eating Green Eggs and Ham (and blue eggs, and red eggs), drawing with sidewalk chalk, playing baseball, playing with all of Uncle Chris's old animals, a vist to my mom's friend that has lambs, puppies and chicks, wearing batman PJ's, and the list goes on! He had a ton of fun and it worked great for everyone!

The last weekend Davin was with my parents Nicc went to his nephew, Michael's, wedding in Texas so I went to pick Davin up in Rock Springs and we took Chris's boat out on the Gorge! It was pretty cold but fun none-the less. Crazy Uncle Chris even skiied! Davin enjoyed flagging when Uncle Chris went down, spotting the dropped ski, and especially standing on the edge of the dock and going to the bathroom in the lake!





We sure can't wait for the rain to stop to really be able to enjoy summer. Every morning Davin wakes up and looks for "black clouds" to decide if it will rain or not! In the meantime, I guess we just endure and keep plunging from one project to the next!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Welcome to remodeling! I don't think I've ever done a project where there haven't been any snags. Good luck with it all! Davin looks like he's having a great time!

Harris Family said...

Hey, tell Davin it's sunny today!!! YAHOOO! I'm glad you guys are enjoying your remodeling projects. Great bonding times! Call me, I'll go walking/running/riding bikes with you. I'm getting out of shape really fast with all this rain!!! (that's my excuse!)

Matt and Jess said...

Wow, that's a lot of stuff to do to you house! I think I would start and then get tired of it and quit halfway through. Davin looks like he had fun with his grandparents, it's fun to see pictures of your family again.