Monday, February 16, 2009

Hitting the Slopes!!!

Today we had a FREE DAY!!! Imagine that! So, we decided we would take Davin skiing! We probably should have waited, he was tired and has a crazy cold but we were pushy parents and took him anyway. The day turned our surprisingly well. I asked my brother last night how to best approach it and he suggested taking it slow, letting Davin walk in the boots, put one ski on, then two, and finally just letting him slide on the snow for a few feet. Well, Davin would have none of this "SLOW" stuff! He took off great walking in the boots and loved them. Then, he would not do just one ski, he insisted on both and LOVED sliding from me to Nicc. He was so excited to watch the chair lift and could not wait any longer to ride it! He did great, we got on and off without any problems! He loved the chair lift!!! The first time down the hill he held on to my ski poles and I was dead by the bottom so the next time he skied "by himself" and I just held on to the handle on the back of the harness he was wearing! At one point he kept telling me "stop pulling me" and wanted me to let go so I let go and held the ropes out but we were not so succeessful there--he was kamikazi and flew down so fast he just lost control and I couldn't help him gain any more control! Only that crash though, pretty successful for a first timer! He did great and loved it! He never even crossed his skiis! By the end of the day we were all pooped! We are hoping we will have another chance to ski this winter so he can really get the hang of it!

Showing off his lift ticket!

Walking around in his boots!


Skiing with mom!

Skiing with Dad--this is the end of the day and he was tired and whiney! It was time to go home!

He was asleep before we were out of the parking lot! Skiing wore this little guy out!

2 comments:

NICKI said...

I am going to show Bryce this post because those are the cutest pictures and that looks like the funnest day EVER! I am so jealous and Davin is such a fun boy! I must say though, I think you are in for it-busy, busy, busy!

Newton 5 said...

Wow, how old is Davin and how did you get him to be so crazy?!?