Sunday, August 30, 2009

Very best day with my lttle man!

I had the very best day with my little man yesterday! Nicc left EARLY yesterday morning to go to Riverton for a football game. I was quite nervous about him going, sure that this baby would come while he was gone so I planned to keep myself busy with Davin and my mind off of the fact that Nicc was gone! Davin and I started going to some garage sales. We had a good time, not a whole lot of anything that we found but Davin enjoys going as much as I do. (He tells me that if there is ever anything we need or we got that we need to go to a garage sale or we got it at a garage sale.)
Then we headed to Jackson, yes I was nervous about the baby coming so we skipped town! Our first stop was K-Mart. Davin has been having a hard time sleeping on his toddler bed, he would rather sleep on the floor. He has said that he wants a spiderman bed so Nicc told him if he could sleep in his bed we would get him spiderman sheets for a big, big boy bed. Well, sure enough he slept on his bed one whole night Friday night and woke up Saturday morning to remind me that he needed spiderman sheets (he doesn't forget ANYTHING!). Lucky for me K-Mart had spiderman sheets! After K-Mart we hit McDonalds for lunch and then headed to the swimming pool!
The pool was a blast! We swam for 3 1/2 hours! Up and down the big slide about 15 times was taking its toll on me but we loved it! Davin got brave and tried the big slide by himself once but by the time he got to the bottom he was all over the slide and it wasn't as fun as he hoped. He liked going with mom just as much (good thing because I had fun going with him. I probably would have look pretty funny waddling up there by myself--at least with him I had a reason to be going down as big as I am!). He also discovered the smaller "blue slide" and probably went down that 40 times! He would come down laughing and smiling while I caught him and would without a doubt EVERY TIME say, "Let's do that again!" and I would carry him to the side of the pool where he climbed out and went up the stairs to do it again! He was so funny to watch because I told him to make sure he waited in line. Well, he did, in fact he waited for everyone to go down the slide before he came down, even if they came up after he was up there! One time I lost sight of him and didn't see him come down so he plunged into the water at the end of the slide. I anticipated an ultimate melt down when...nothing came! He just wiped his eyes and said, "Let's do that again!!" After a great time swimming we swung by Wendy's to get a frosty and headed home. He was out as soon as his frosty was gone!
When we got home we put his spiderman sheets on a new big, big boy bed in his room and he was so excited! When everything was in place he came up to me and said, "I just want to cuddle with my mom." So, of course we cuddled up to watch a quick show--spiderman (surprise, surprise!). I told him I had so much fun with him playing and his response was "I really liked swimming with you too mom!" I LOVED IT! It truly was a great day for us. I am so nervous about how I am going to split my time between 2 kids so being able to just have one big fun day with Davin and nothing else to worry about was perfect! When he said his prayers he was thankful that we could go to the swimming pool. I knew then it was a good day for him too!!!


Davin's new "spiderman bed!"

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun day! Kobe is obsessed with spiderman too! It must be a boy thing at this age! I'm glad that you had a good day and didn't go into labor with Nic gone. Can't wait to see you new little one!

Teri said...

Davin sure is a cute little boy. That is great that you got to spend a day like that with Davin. Those days are pretty special. It will be harder to get those days with your new one, but you will still be able to...only now you will get those kinds of days with each child. :)

Kori said...

Those are the best days. A good laugh. Some good playing. And one more step toward independence. That's why we do it, right?