Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Yesterday we had a ton of fun celebrating Nicc's birthday yesterday! We made two round cakes yesterday morning and let them cool while we were playing outside. I was picking weeds and Davin and his friend came in to play. A little while later I hear, "We need a drink!" so I came in to get the kids a drink. When I looked over to the stove the cakes were sitting there with chunks out of the tops of both of them! Somebody got hungry! After a brief time-out both felt really bad! I was able to patch the one cake with pieces from the other to make one decent cake which worked out fine! Davin helped me decorate it later that afternoon. He LOVES to decorate cakes. He was quite disappointed when I wrote "Happy Birthday Dad" because he thought it should say "Nicc" so all of the red writing says "Nicc." Of course no cake is complete in a 2-year olds eyes without a big pile of sprinkles!

We had a pretty low-key but fun celebration! Nicc's favorite dinner--steak with fried potatoes and then we had cake and ice cream.

Of course no party is complete without presents. Davin liked to "help" Nicc open all of the cards. He is no dummy though--he knew that there was money in the cards and was convinced that the money in the card from Granny and Papa was for his birthday!
We had a lot of fun celebrating Nicc's birthday with him! The big 2-8!!! He didn't get a baby boy for his birthday like he was hoping for but still lots of fun. Happy birthday Daddy!!! We love you!