Monday, November 2, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

Our carving pumpkins was kind of interrupted and ended up taking two days, one afternoon of Davin and I gutting them out, one night of Daddy and Davin carving batman, and a second night of Davin and I carving a jack-o-lantern named Spiderman!

I had planned to carve pumpkins Tuesday before Halloween but had a Young Women's presidency meeting. I figured the president would just excuse me so I called to tell her I was bailing to carve pumpkins (this was the only night we would be together before Halloween). She was really shocked and said they would manage. I felt really guilty because she seemed so disappointed that I wasn't going to be there. About 20 minutes later she called me back and said the meeting was a hoax, the girls were actually hosting a surprise baby shower for me and since all of the invitations had been sent out and food prepared they kind of needed me there. After that I felt even more awful! Anyway, Davin and I got started so he and Nicc could do some carving while I was gone. Nicc didn't get any pictures of them but Davin did not like gutting the pumpkin! He did, however LOVE carving the pumpkin. his idea of carving the pumpkin was poking it all over with the little poker to trace patters onto the pumpkin. Our pumpkins are covered with freckles!!! Davin insisted on a batman pumpkin so leave it to Nicc to figure it out. Nicc being a perfectionist sure pays at halloween, we usually have some pretty good pumpkins. I, on the other hand, don't do much more than a plain old jack-o-lantern. Davin liked helping me cut the teeth out of the other pumpkin. When we were done he asked what the pumpkin's name was and I mentioned Jack. He said, "No way, I think it is spiderman!" Everything is either Spiderman or Batman!
I love his face here! This totally captures his feelings about the insides of the pumpkins!!!
Davin and all of his pumpkins: Spiderman (AKA Jack-o-lantern), Batman, and his painted ones!

No comments: