Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Potty Chair!!!
So, I had no intention of trying to potty train Davin this early but the opportunity arose today! I was watching two other girls and had been asking them if they need to go potty. Both said no but just then Davin hopped off the chair and said, "I have to go potty." He ran to the bathroom and proceeded to go to the bathroom. He barely trickled but it was a success. Afterward, I thought I better take advantage of this and offered to put underwear on him. He was soooooo excited! He had underwear on from 9:30 this morning until bedtime, and he did not want a diaper on then. We had 3 small accidents but some very successful times too! Right before bed I asked him if he needed to go and he ran to the bathroom. I was getting some things in the kitchen (I hadn't made it to the bathroom yet) when I heard, "Mommy, mommy, come here!" I ran back there kind of scared as to what I might find. I found the potty chair full and he did it all on his own. He kept saying, "I'm a big boy!" I am really proud of him and happy about how this is all going. However, ask me in a few days and I make sure I am still enjoying the whole potty training saga!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I found your blog the other day and it's been good to see that you guys are doing well. We only have a few months left then we're off to the real world too.
Congratulations on potty training! It's so much better for both parties when they decide to do it on their own. Jake had several accidents the first week, so my advice would be to not give up too easily. Good Luck! :)
I am glad you had success early on. It took my mother-in-law coming to watch the kids this March for Jasmine to finally get it.
Okay so that is just plain disgusting! I hate potty training-I think it is of the devil! So other than those terrible comments I do have to admit that I am happy for you. No one deserves a bad potty training experience! Yeah for you!
Post a Comment