Monday, December 15, 2008

Potty Mess!!!

Just to let you know, this is mainly for my own records, someday Davin's wife will get a kick out of this (maybe me someday too)!

So, I am wondering why I didn't run the first time I heard the toilet flush. Instead, it wasn't until I heard him continually trying to flush many times in a row. When I got to the bathroom I would have gladly traded motherhood for just about anything at that point. Davin's underwear were off, there was poop in places I would have never imagined and he was trying to flush an ENTIRE box of wipes down the toilet! We have been working on the toilet training thing for about a month and a half now. He does great as long as we remind him to go and he usually will not poop in his underwear, he waits until I put a diaper on him. Well, he has been a little on the sickish side today with two poopy diapers already so that should have been my first reason for not putting underwear on him! When I found him, he was totally calm and just told me, "it won't flush, mom." I asked him if he went poopy and he told me, "It's in the potty now." Well, you guessed it, my dear sweet boy put it where it was supposed to go, just like we had talked about (hence the mess everywhere)! Well, he is in the tub now, and I have finished cleaning up. I am really hoping that some day I look back and think this is funny! As for now, Davin will not have unders on for the rest of today!!!

Sorry no pics to accompany this one--I think it is better that way!

4 comments:

Jill Asay said...

Oh man...the joys of potty training!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry!

The Howell's said...

Ohhh my! The joys of motherhood!!??
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I was reading through all your posts and that cracks me up. I've been through similar scenarios with Brayden through the years. I was sooo grateful when the potty training stages were over.