We had an excellent Thanksgiving--everything from the turkey, to family, to the MANY miles traveled around the state of Wyoming!
We left as soon as Nicc got out of school Wednesday at 12:00 to head to Casper. There we met my grandma and grandpa and were soon accompanied by my Mom, Dad, brothers, and my Uncle and his family! This is the first time ALL of my family has been together since Davin's blessing. It was "awesome, cool" as Davin called it! We spent Thanksgiving Day in Casper eating, eating, and eating! Davin ate up the attention being the only child! I finally moved up to the adult table this year (my brothers say all you have to do is have a kid to move up, they are on the lookout for one to snatch next year so they can move up! We took a family picture and were shocked that everyone looked good on the first try!
We left Casper late Thursday night and headed to Rock Springs where we planned our attack for Black Friday. This year my mom and I were accompanied by my brother Chris and Nicc! I can not believe that Nicc came. Not only that but he and I went to Wal-Mart! He just laughed hysterically the entire time saying, "This is CRAZY!" He was most amazed watching everyone rush in as the doors were opened! We were pretty successful and got everything we needed. After we all calmed down from Friday morning we decorated the Christmas tree at my Mom and Dad's house and then we had an early Christmas with them (we will not see them at Christmas this year)!
Davin totally understands what to do with presents this year and not only that, but he thought that all of the presents under the tree should be for him. I don't know if I dare put any of our presents under our tree!
Davin and his " Go Braves helmet!"
Saturday we were totally lazy all morning! Davin entertained his uncles as they tried to keep up with him.
Finally when we pulled ourselves together we took Davin to see Santa. When we got there he was feeding his reindeer lunch so we killed some time and went back later. He talked about Santa the entire time we were waitng, saying, "please some candy, Santa." and "I a good boy." and anything else we had talked about telling Santa. When we finally got to go back and see him Davin was not so thrilled to tell him ANYTHING and refused to get very close to him! He did say thank you for the candy cane.
Saturday night we put Davin to bed early so we all could play games. We all sat up playing Cranium for 5 hours and laughed so hard at times we were all crying!
We had an excellent Thanksgiving and were grateful for the opportunity to spend it with family!
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving! I can't believe how long Chris' hair is... I didn't recognize him at first. It's funny that Davin didn't like Santa because didn't you or someone else in your family have that happen?
I love his football uniform! What a fun thanksgiving!
Post a Comment