Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pre-school!!!!!



I don't think Davin thought this day could come soon enough! He has been playing for months that he is going to school. He would fill his backpack with anything and everything he could find then say, "Bye, Mom! I am going to school. Have a good day." When I learned my friend was opening her pre-school in January I was so excited (technically he was not old enough to start this last fall anywhere else). She was willing to take him and he was so excited. He told everyone we say over the holidays about school. Tuesday night he was in bed when Nicc got home and as soon as he heard Nicc walk in he shouted "Dad, I am going to preschool!" Then, Wednesday morning he woke up and said, "OK, Mom, is it time to go to pre-school yet?" From 7 til 9:30 was the longest 2 1/2 hours of his life I think!! He went and didn't even ever look back--Mr. Independent! I thought I would be more sad but he was so excited I couldn't help but be excited with him! He came home and when asked what he did gave his typical answer, "I don't know." but with some prodding he told us about p is for pig, playing blocks, and penguins and polar bears!! We are so proud of you Davin! We hope you always are as excited about school as you were today!!!

1 comment:

Nick and Megan Wilson said...

So fun! Pre-school is one of Blake's favorite things too! This morning I asked him what he wanted to do for his Saturday and he told me, "I want to go to pre-school"! I'm glad he loves it too!
As a side note, I like Davin's shirt... Blake has the same one!